Explore how to set up a sale using the Sitewide Sales plugin.
Take some time thinking about the sale you will set up. This important first step will help you run a structured, well designed sale and will significantly cut down on the setup time. Some things to consider include:
- What is the main purpose for your sale?
- What date will your sale begin?
- When will your sale end?
- If you’re running a sale on products, which products will your discount apply for?
- If you’re running a sale on membership, which existing members (if any) do you want to know about the sale?
- What general look and feel do you want to use as part of the marketing surrounding your sale?
Continue reading for installation and setup instructions to help make your sale a measurable success.
- After completing your purchase, you will see a link to download the plugin on your account page here.
- Upload the
sitewide-sales.zipfile via the Plugins > Add New > Upload Plugin page in the WordPress admin.
- Or, upload the
sitewide-salesdirectory to the
/wp-content/plugins/directory of your site via FTP.
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress.
- Navigate to Sitewide Sales in the WordPress admin and continue with the steps below.
Set Up Your Sale
There are a variety of settings and options available to help you craft your sale. After activating the Add On, navigate to the Sitewide Sale page in the WordPress Dashboard and click “Add New” to get started.
Enter a title to be used for internal tracking purposes. This title will not be displayed to your visitors.
The instructions below take your through necessary steps to create and activate a sale. At a high level, the steps include:
- Step 1: Specify the sale’s Start Date and End Date
- Step 2: Select the Sale Type from the included integrations and assign the sale’s Discount Code or Coupon Code.
- Step 3: Associate a Landing Page for your sale
- Step 4: Display a Banner to advertise your sale
- Step 5: Track the progress of your sale with reports and statistics